lfd not sending emails in upgraded versions > 4.60

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
robm

lfd not sending emails in upgraded versions > 4.60

Post by robm »

On the servers we have upgraded to versions greater than 4.60, lfd has stopped sending email alerts (including latest version). Servers with versions less than 4.61 continue to send email alerts. All servers are RHEL5/cetnOS5 32 bit servers. csf.conf settings all appear correct.

As another test, we took a csf 4.23 server, triggered a block that sent an email, removed the IP from the block list, upgraded to the latest version, triggered the block again, and no email was sent, no errors/indications in the maillog.

Thoughts? Known issue? Thanks.

Rob
robm

Post by robm »

ok, I found that if we had previously edited the *.txt email templates to change the headers to:
---
To: my@email.address
---

then on later versions csf will not send emails. Changing these back to:
---
To: root
---

seemed to "fix" it. Seems a change/bug was introduced that made the former syntax invalid. I know new parameters were added to csf.conf with respect to From/To fields, but the previous changes we made to .txt files seems to have broken recent versions.

The reason we changed the txt files to this format so the from: field being displayed when we check alerts (as we get 1000's per day) would list a custom server name that is easy to identify instead of just "root".

Rob
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We will issue a fix for this in v4.72 in the next few minutes.
robm

Post by robm »

ForumAdmin wrote:We will issue a fix for this in v4.72 in the next few minutes.
Thank you for the quick fix, works great!

Rob
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

Thanks :) It needed doing as the code wasn't ideal, but is now much better suited if we need to make any improvements or add new features.