"Incorrect Message Authentication Code"

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
cfam

"Incorrect Message Authentication Code"

Post by cfam »

I'm having an odd problem when I try to run the security check in csf. It gets down to the point of "Check shell limits" and then I get a popup box notifying me that the site has sent an incorrect Message Authentication Code. No other area in WHM, or any other website has ever thrown this message up in my direction before, so I am not exactly sure what is going on. I am currently running CSF v2.50, with WHM 10.8.0 & cPanel 10.9.0-C117

The error message only shows up if I use firefox (version 2.) With internet explorer 7 it just stops at the same point with nothing informing me of a problem.

Any suggestions?

edit:

I'll also note that this account is on a VPS machine, I manage 2 of them and I am having no issues at all with CSF on the other.
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

That's not something I've ever come across before and don't know what that error means, though it may be spurious. If you could log a ticket on our helpdesk and provide access I'd be happy to take a look and track down where the problem is.