Messenger V2 doesn't work with mod_suphp

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
1 post Page 1 of 1
Vikks

Hello,
I have installed the MessengerV2 as described in the readme, with a csf user and files in /home/csf, but it didn't work.
The index.php file was being called with user nobody - confirmed with echo exec('id');

Turns out I had mod_suphp (not mod_suexec) enabled, and the integration in /etc/apache2/conf.d/csf.messenger.conf doesn't seem to work.
I think, the <IfModule suphp_module> line should be <IfModule mod_suphp>, but I haven't tested it.
I solved it by installing mod_suexec, for now.

Related errors:
Code: Select all
Warning: file_put_contents(/home/csf/unblock.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/csf/public_html/index.php on line 249

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/log/lfd_messenger.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/csf/public_html/index.php on line 250
and the users are not unblocked.

Thanks for building csf/ldf! :-)
1 post Page 1 of 1