directadmin version?

ljweb

directadmin version?

Post by ljweb »

I would really like to see this available on directadmin also, whats the possibility? Only thing i've found similar is one called upload guardian and it doesnt do a good enough job and not up to date like cxs is, and is way too expensive. What will it take for a DA version? I think it would be popular..
chirpy

Re: directadmin version?

Post by chirpy »

The main issues with a DA version at present is that DA doesn't use pure-ftpd which has an inbuilt option to pass uploaded file names to an external script via a linux socket. proftpd doesn't have this functionality built in. That said, cxs will install and run on a DA server at present and manual scans can be performed, but we don't provide support for using it on DA as yet.
cyberneticos

Post by cyberneticos »

Hi Chirpy,

congrats on CSF, wonderful softare. Long time user.

Directadmin's last release 1.37.0, uses PUREftp in a BETA setting, but I know that Directadmin is headed in the PUREftp direction. Probably will be the default starting next release.

With this in mind, will you have CXS integrated with DA if when they finally include PUREftp in the custombuild script in a stable setting ?

Cheers!
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We're working on it :) The inclusion of pure-ftpd in BETA is great and we do have it working with it in development so far, but there's more to do.
ljweb

Post by ljweb »

Bump.. How is the DA version looking, i so need this and probably many other DA server admins... Will it install as it is currently, minus pure-ftpd scanning and is usable via command line? If so i will get it..
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

ljweb wrote:Bump.. How is the DA version looking, i so need this and probably many other DA server admins... Will it install as it is currently, minus pure-ftpd scanning and is usable via command line? If so i will get it..
It should install and work with both the DA UI and their beta pure-ftpd installation. However, we do not provide support for the DA setup as yet.
joriz

Post by joriz »

Any updates if DA works correctly on Direct Admin?
I don't need the FTP scanning part. Mostly interested in scanning the /home user directories via the Direct Admin UI.
PayableOnDeath

Post by PayableOnDeath »

+1 here for Directadmin support, not too fussed about FTP scanning at the moment as most of the exploit scripts seem to come in via websites.
sampei

Post by sampei »

joriz wrote:Any updates if DA works correctly on Direct Admin?
I don't need the FTP scanning part. Mostly interested in scanning the /home user directories via the Direct Admin UI.
yes it does...