Making sure pure-upload is loaded on crashes and restarts.

draknet

Making sure pure-upload is loaded on crashes and restarts.

Post by draknet »

I got things out of order and when I first installed it, I restarted FTP before starting /etc/init.d/pure-uploadscript, which crashed FTP until I figured out I had to have /etc/init.d/pure-uploadscript running first.

Noticed on a reboot, though, if /etc/init.d/pure-uploadscript crashes (which would crash FTP itself and cause checksrvd to restart pure-ftpd), there doesn't seem to be anything to tell pure-uploadscript it to come back up when FTP comes back up, unless I missed something.

I added:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
#
# Startup script for the pure-ftpd FTP Server  $Revision: 1.3 $
#
# chkconfig: 2345 85 15
# description: Pure-FTPd is an FTP server daemon based upon Troll-FTPd
# processname: pure-ftpd
# pidfile: /var/run/pure-ftpd.pid
# config: /etc/pure-ftpd.conf

echo $"/etc/init.d/pure-uploadscript restart"

# RedHat or Suse?
To /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd to cover that possibility and it appears to work fine. It may be something (or something similar) you want to add - unless I missed the failsafe somewhere.
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

pure-ftpd has to be started before pure-uploadscript according to the pure-ftpd documentation on using their hook. This is why they're started in that order. You're right that there's nothing to restart pure-uploadscript should it crash, you would need to write something to monitor it if its of concern.
realbuz

same boat

Post by realbuz »

I also have issue with pure-ftpd not starting if pure-upload is not running first.