ClamAV Error

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
tomv

ClamAV Error

Post by tomv »

I am seeing the error below when I go to ConfigServer eXploit Scanner in WHM:
Error trying to talk to ClamAV socket [/tmp/clamd]: Connection refused
You must install ClamAV (Clamavconnector on cPanel) or ensure clamd is running to use this product correctly

If the clamd socket is not automatically detected, and to clear this message, you must set clamdsock=/path/to/socket in /etc/cxs/cxs.defaults to the live socket location
The process list shows that clamd is running from /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/clamd and I tried setting this in cxs.defaults but I get the same error. What do I need to do to fix this?

CentOS 6.8
WHM 60.0 (build 24)
CSX v6.22
Sarah

Re: ClamAV Error

Post by Sarah »

The clamd socket for clamavconnector is /var/clamd. If /tmp/clamd exists, for instance from a previous install of clamav that has been uninstalled, then you should remove that file.

As long as /tmp/clamd does not exist, cxs will then find the correct clamd socket at /var/clamd, so you should remove the setting for the clamd socket in your defaults.
tomv

Post by tomv »

Thanks! Removing /tmp/clamd fixed it.
adtastichosting

Post by adtastichosting »

I have a smiilar error but not within the ui of csx it seems to be running fine and I do not have /tmp/clamd. I get this error in the email sent to me from a scan:
# Clamd Error for [SCAN /home/xxxx/public_html/testexploit.php]: Connection refused