cPanel - Pure-FTPD stops working when UploadScript enabled

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
tvc

cPanel - Pure-FTPD stops working when UploadScript enabled

Post by tvc »

Hi,

We've been running into this issue for at least the last year now, and it appears the old post regarding this issue has disappeared, so I figured we would bring it back to your attention.

We run cPanel on all of our servers, we have CXS on about 10-15 of them. Sometimes pure-ftpd will randomly stop functioning for no apparent reason. The process will be running, but trying to connect will provide an immediate 'connection refused' and the port appears closed when using nmap. Sometimes this is caused by running the cPanel upgrade script 'upcp' and sometimes it happens for no apparent reason.

Over time, we have found that the cause is ultimately the "CallUploadScript" directive in pure-ftpd.conf. Once this is commented out again, the ftp daemon immediately works once restarted.

Seeing as this has been an ongoing problem for some time, I expected some kind of fix for this by now, but it appears even on the most recently installed server I have with CXS, the problem continues.

I wish to have the added protection of having CXS scan uploads, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so, with this random issue occuring. Can you guys please look into this and see if something can be done to resolve the problem?

Thanks,
Mike
TVCNet
ForumAdmin

Re: cPanel - Pure-FTPD stops working when UploadScript enabl

Post by ForumAdmin »

These are community support forums. If you want support from us you need to log a ticket on the helpdesk for cxs as explained in the forum title.
Sarah

Re: cPanel - Pure-FTPD stops working when UploadScript enabl

Post by Sarah »

FYI all you need to do to avoid this problem or fix it is restart the pure-uploadscript in addition to pure-ftpd, using this command which will restart both:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/pure-uploadscript restart