Licence and server move

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
Achtron

Licence and server move

Post by Achtron »

I've removed cxs from my server as I'm going to install it on a new one I'm moving to.

Below seems to state that I have to retire the old server before I change to the new server IP. Is that correct? :)
If you are going to retire the server that you initially had cxs licensed for or you have been required to change the server's IP address, then the licensed IP address can be changed. There is a web-based system for making a limited number of IP changes per license, after which you will need to contact us to make any further changes. We do not allow IP address changes simply to move the product between different servers. A separate license for each server is required if you wish to use the product on multiple servers.
Sarah

Re: Licence and server move

Post by Sarah »

No, you don't have to retire the old server before you can change the license IP or install cxs on your new server. Sorry if the wording wasn't clear. The intention was to try to make clear that moving the license back and forth among several production servers in order to avoid purchasing multiple licenses is prohibited. :)
Achtron

Re: Licence and server move

Post by Achtron »

Thank you for making it more clearer to me.

I wasn't sure if the old server would be terminated before I changed to the new IP.