Warning message after upgrade to 3.07

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
novisoft

Warning message after upgrade to 3.07

Post by novisoft »

Hello,

My scan report shows the below warning message :

WARNING: Quarantine disabled - Directory [--quiet] does not exist

This started after upgrade to 3.07

Any idea on what's going wrong please ?

Thanks for your help.
whcmt

Re: Warning message after upgrade to 3.07

Post by whcmt »

Yes me too, since 3.07 I am getting:

Code: Select all

WARNING: Quarantine disabled - Directory [/my/dir/cxssafe] has incorrect permissions [0755 instead of 1777]
I have made sure it is definitely set to 1777 and I have chattr +i on it (but I dont know why it should be to be honest; doesn't cxs run as root?). So I assume this is a bug, but it is not good because it seems the vital quarantining action is not happening.

Help?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

It has always been a requirement that the quarantine directory be chmod 1777. In v3.05 checks were added to ensure that the quarantine directory is in a reasonable location and has the correct permissions in order to prevent problems. In 3.07 the warning message was improved so you would know exactly what the problem is with the quarantine directory. If you think this warning message is wrong please log a ticket on the helpdesk so that we can take a look.
havenswift-hosting

Post by havenswift-hosting »

Sarah wrote:It has always been a requirement that the quarantine directory be chmod 1777.
Does it take into account servers running suPHP as that seems to be what is happening - surely 1777 isnt correct in this case ?

Ian