New?

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
bspiller

New?

Post by bspiller »

I noticed today on the top of my CXS it now says the following.

Running in Restricted Mode - remove /etc/cxs/cxs.restricted to enable full access to this User Interface
The nature of this User Interface allows direct and indirect access to the root shell on the server, therefore any user access to this interface could allow abritrary commands to be run as root and system files to be overwritten. In Restricted Mode, the features that allow such access are disabled. You should use Restricted Mode in environments where you do not completely trust users (for example if you would not allow full root SSH access) that have access to this User Interface.

If you want to completely disable UI access, create the file /etc/cxs/cxs.disableui

It never said this before. Ideas? Then when I restart cxs it takes a long time to start now. Then I always get the error below.

Stopping cxswatch daemon:[ OK ]
[ OK ]
Starting cxswatch daemon:cxswatch process not found
cxs Watch daemon starting - check /var/log/cxswatch.log
[ OK ]
Sarah

Re: New?

Post by Sarah »

Perhaps you should subscribe to our blog so that you know when a new version has been released and whether any new features have been added.

Regarding cxswatch, you should do what it says: check the cxswatch.log to see if there are any errors.
bspiller

Re: New?

Post by bspiller »

It shows it running good and scanning. Where are the blogs BTW?