No Option to ignore specific Suspicious Script Locations?

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
Jam

No Option to ignore specific Suspicious Script Locations?

Post by Jam »

I saw another user just posted another topic about suspicious script locations, but I've created this separate topic because my question is different. The other user asked about a way to disable the scan for scripts in suspicious locations.

I do not want to disable the scan for scripts in suspicious locations. It's a good idea and I want to keep it active.

I have looked through the documentation and can't see any way to specify directories that should be ignored for the 'Suspicious file location for a script'.

Of course I do want the directories to scanned by cxs, so a regular 'ignore' is not appropriate.
ForumAdmin

Re: No Option to ignore specific Suspicious Script Locations

Post by ForumAdmin »

It is regarded as a suspicious file which are detected through --options [f]. Ignoring such files can be done through the normal mechanisms in a cxs.ignore file (see cxs.ignore.example), e.g. using md5sums for a unique ignore. There's no way in cxs to ignore specific files or locations for specific options.
ForumAdmin

Re: No Option to ignore specific Suspicious Script Locations

Post by ForumAdmin »

This feature has now been moved to its own option:
http://blog.configserver.com/index.php?itemid=707