CXS Causing higher than usual server load

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
bdaus

CXS Causing higher than usual server load

Post by bdaus »

Hi Guys,

Several of my fleet of VPS's has been performing weirdly lately. They're spread geographically and between different providers. All of my issues have gone away and server load has reduced as soon as CXSwatch and CXS were stopped. and they begin again after it is re-enabled.

I'm talking going from average 25% of 8 CPU cores and 8GB of ram to 98% for long periods of time across multiple servers. I use the suggested configuration through the config wizards and have done for at least 5 to 6 years without any other config changes.

Is there something new recently thats known with the latest CXS update eating resources?

Thanks.
sahostking

Re: CXS Causing higher than usual server load

Post by sahostking »

I think CXSwatch is the culprit as it checks every file on the server when modified etc and new files.
So note also if your server has tons of files changing and its not an SSD or CPU is too weak and cannot keep up then load will go up.

Look at that aswell = just a tip.