cxs scannet delete whm accounts automatically

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
redstorm

cxs scannet delete whm accounts automatically

Post by redstorm »

Hi
1-I purchased cxs scanner and every time i do manual scan to all of my whm account after the scan does finish i see that some of my whm account was deleted without my permission.what shoud i do to prevent delet my whm account?
next question is that i have phishing in my server but cxs doesn't detect and remove theme and i receive abuse from datacenter every day
thanks
Sarah

Re: cxs scannet delete whm accounts automatically

Post by Sarah »

Hello,

You must have configured cxs to quarantine or delete files automatically, because it does not do so by default or without being set up to do so.

Please provide the complete cxs scan command you are using including all options. This will be shown at the top of the scan report you receive by email or in a file after the scan depending on how you set up the scan.
redstorm

Post by redstorm »

Hi
i do manual scan.
i configured to quarantine .but the important thing is that cxs permanently delete the accounts in whm.i dond know what is the cause of accounts delete in my whm server
the command i configured in crone job:
/usr/sbin/cxs --report /root/scan.log --www --mail mail@gmail.com--virusscan --voptions fmMhexT --quarantine /home/quarantine --qoptions Mv --ignore /etc/cxs/cxs.ignore --options OLfmMChexdDZRrP --ctime 25 --all
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Cxs does not delete any accounts. It is not possible for it to do that. You will have to investigate further to find out how those accounts are disappearing, but it is definitely not cxs.

If you want further assistance configuring and using cxs, please create a ticket on the helpdesk:
https://support.configserver.com/