Google Translate Widget false positive?

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
sneader

Google Translate Widget false positive?

Post by sneader »

I am getting hundreds of alerts, like this:

'/home/USERNAME/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/widgets/google-translate.php'
Script version check [OLD] [Google Translate Widget for WordPress.com v0.1 < v5.3]

It can't be that every user on all servers has a bad version of this module, included with Jetpack. Could this be a false positive?

- Scott
dvk01

Re: Google Translate Widget false positive?

Post by dvk01 »

bumping this one as every jetpack update we get a false positive on google translate widget for wordpress
this week it is
cxswatch Scanning /home/security/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack:

'/home/security/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/widgets/google-translate.php'
Script version check [OLD] [Google Translate Widget for WordPress.com v0.1 < v5.5]

I believe Jetpack uses a specially customised version of Google translate, rather than the standard Google translate widget. Can we somehow remove this detection from the outdated scripts reports and only report on Jetpack itself, not individual scripts inside it
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

Do all occurences share an md5sum? I've checked on our test environment and ours is 079ec846a014d63b3041fac98da88f2a. The fact they are using a modified version of a script but keeping the header information poses a problem for our versioning system, so ignoring the md5sum of the false-positive might be the better solution.
dvk01

Post by dvk01 »

all the copies I have use md5 # 47fa0a42e07342369729f421e77099e1
that is the google-translate.php inside the jetpack /modules/widgets folder

checked between an older version not yet updated and the most recent jet pack update
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We have a fix for this now which will be included in the next release of cxs.
dvk01

Post by dvk01 »

thanks. looking forward to the new version
sneader

Post by sneader »

Thanks for the follow up!

- Scott