quarantine problems MailControl

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
dvk01

quarantine problems MailControl

Post by dvk01 »

I am noticing a few problems with mail control and quarantined files
If Clam Av detects a virus mail control tells me "Message not found in quarantine "
This only happens if clam AV detects an actual virus not when it detects a blocked file type which it still marks as a virus.

Using the old mailwatch, I can still release the "infected" file /email for examination and I can also see & download the email & contents using CSE, so the email is in Quarantine and available
It appears to be something about the way Mailcontrol works. I don't know why Mailcontrol cannot see it in quarantine, when mailwatch can and CSE can. Is it a permissions issue ?

I doubt this bug / feature will affect many users, who won't want to release many ( if any) viruses that Clam AV detects. In reality Clam AV is not great at detecting windows viruses. But like all AV they do have occasional FP and quarantine genuine needed files
However I research and blog about email based malware & phishing and need copies of all malware received. I can download via CSE but it is easier if I can do it directly from the MSFE / mail control interface
ForumAdmin

Re: quarantine problems MailControl

Post by ForumAdmin »

I am unable to recreate this on our servers. Could you log a ticket with WHM and SSH access details and message ID's so that we can have a look?
dvk01

Post by dvk01 »

Thanks
Ticket number Ticket #3449784
dvk01

Post by dvk01 »

Thanks Definitely fixed with MSFE 7.19