new coloured backgrounds in mail control

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
dvk01

new coloured backgrounds in mail control

Post by dvk01 »

The new coloured backgrounds in mail control are somewhat too bright & glary now. it really makes them harder to use
The original ones were a little too weak & wishy-washy. These, now are just bright and OTT

I can live with them but the blue for non scanned & green for clean are too bright ( for me ) I personally turn off scanning for outgoing mail because of the way my server is set up and the degree of trust of my users, so I see quite a few unscanned mails in the lists. The majority are either forum replies notifications or submissions to anti-virus companies. Turning on scanning for outgoing mail ends up with spam assassin catching so many of them, due to "bad urls" in the text or other bad words and phrases. Unfortunately you cannot work with, educate & inform about malware, phishing and scams without having the words, phrases and urls in the emails

Would there ever be any way for user controlled colour choice? or would that be too difficult to implement?

I do find the white text on the red back background for infected to be a bit difficult to read. It seems blurry to me ( but that is probably my eyesight, I know I have some contrast problems and difficulty with some colours & combinations)
ForumAdmin

Re: new coloured backgrounds in mail control

Post by ForumAdmin »

Thank you for the feedback, we are continuing to develop MailControl and the feature set is still incomplete as we work through ideas an suggestions.

The colours in v7.04 gave me a headache, so we've added a choice now in v7.05 to hopefully provide something for everyone (some like the high contrast colors, some don't).
dvk01

Re: new coloured backgrounds in mail control

Post by dvk01 »

Can you tweak the low contrast slightly please
I find it almost impossible to see the difference between low spam & white list
Can you make it very slightly more of yellow / beige /creamy shade

Using medium contrast, the yellow is too bright for me on low spam & clean emails are much too green, so I prefer the low contrast