New Mail Control need to have more than 1 search

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
Sergio

New Mail Control need to have more than 1 search

Post by Sergio »

One of the options that I use most is to query MailScanner DB to find the range of spam IPs to block them directly in EXIM, as blocking the IP range is faster when EXIM receives the email instead of checking RBLs and then passing the email to MailScanner and finally MailScanner blocking the email.

So, Could it be possible to left the ability of doing a lot of searches (queries to the DB) instead of a single one?
and, if possible, a column with the IPs involved on the email delivery and the option to do a sort on them?

Also, on the searches, it should include the date that we want to start the search from.

Best Regards,
Sergio
ForumAdmin

Re: New Mail Control need to have more than 1 search

Post by ForumAdmin »

We are currently working on much more detailed search and statistics sections to help provide people with a flexible solution, but we cannot make guarantees that everything suggested will be included. Multi-part searches are coming.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Thanks.

One more question,

Did you consider to have both solutions MailWatch and MailControl as it is now?

I understand that you will not be doing any more tweaks to MailWatch but what about left MailWatch as it comes from MailScanner?

Regards,
Sergio
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We are definitely not going to provide two options. We may well allow a mechanism to use MailWatch to be installed instead of MailControl until MailWatch continues to work in the cPanel environment, but with no support at all.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Is possible to add "don't contain" on the the search option?

Example:
I want to search in ALL HEADERS for all the emails contained in the range of an IP: xxx.yyy.zzz.
but I want to exclude one or more particular IPs: xxx.yyy.zzz.hhh

Thanks,
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Hi.
Sorry to bother you with the multiple search option.

I have been trying to use Mail Control as I do on a daily basis with MailScanner but found that the search option only allows 8 concatenated searchs and I need to do a lot more than 8 to find all the spam IPs from a range.

If it is not possible to do more than 8, could it be possible to have the flexibility of using REGEX on any of the search boxes?

TIA.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

The next release will have configurable number of search conditions, REGEX condition and sortable numeric fields in the table.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

YES!!!

Thank you!