few tweaks needed to new mail control

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
dvk01

few tweaks needed to new mail control

Post by dvk01 »

I have just updated MSFE to V 7.0 and while I quite like most of the new Mail control facility over the old mailwatch, there is some reduced functionality.
Now I might be using my server & mailwatch in a different way to many others. I search for & blog about malware, especially email based malware/Trojans /viruses etc and work with the majority of anti-virus companies and other independent researchers.

I am used to being able to download attachments direct from mailwatch, rather than having to either "release from quarantine" the entire email ( now forward email )
can this be put into mail control. The ability to directly download attachments is essential to me. I don't have enough time to go into quarantine

Also is there any way that attachment's can be shown as a separate column on the main screen
dvk01

Re: few tweaks needed to new mail control

Post by dvk01 »

I would also like to be able to change the email message sent when mail control forwards a released email

where is the file that keeps that template now?

We do see a few wrongly classified emails marked as spam, when they are clean and wanted. ( normally because of erroneous spam cop listings )
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We will have a look at adding download links for attachments on the mail page as well as settings and/or a template for the forwarded emails - that is currently hard-coded. The overhead of processing and listing attachments on the main page would be prohibitive so that may not be added.
dvk01

Post by dvk01 »

would there be any way of just marking an email as containing an attachment on the main page or will that cause prohibitive overheads?

I like the new ability to search by high spam / low spam /infected / white list /not scanned etc. An option ( if possible) of search by "has attachment " would be absolutely wonderful
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We've added attachment handling in a new release v7.01:
https://blog.configserver.com
This adds an additional item in the drop-down menu to list mails qith attachments (i.e. multipart/mixed) as well as an icon showing mails with such attachments.
There are then download links to all attachments within the detailed view.
dvk01

Post by dvk01 »

Thanks. That is absolutely brilliant
Much better than the old mailwatch system