Mailwatch GUI fails to release e-mails

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
hilario

Mailwatch GUI fails to release e-mails

Post by hilario »

Mailwatch can't release e-mails anymore

Every time I try to release a false positive to the user's inbox I get the following failure message in Mailwatch GUI:
[SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: Verification failed for root cannot accept local mail deliveries Sender verify failed)

Is this a bug or is it something that changed in the Mailscanner/Mailwatch behavior lately? Is it possible to fix it?

Thanks
hilario

Re: Mailwatch GUI fails to release e-mails

Post by hilario »

Should I upload a screenshot of the failure in order to make it easier to understand my question?

... humm I tried but it looks like that this forum does not allows attachments...
Anyway, is there anyone who could help or at least point me to somewhere else where I could find help?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

That looks like a problem with your exim configuration rather than MailScanner or MailWatch. Look at your exim configuration for the Sender verify option and also check that your hostname is configured correctly and is listed in /etc/localdomains.
hilario

Post by hilario »

I used WHM Service Configuration »Exim Configuration Manager to set "Sender verification bypass IP addresses" to 127.0.0.1
It did work, but as I never touched this setting before, I wonder if this setting may leave my server under any risk. Is this the setting you suggested to do?

Thanks in advance for taking your time to help me.
Teddy Rogers

Post by Teddy Rogers »

I have only just noticed the same problem occurring. This was never a problem previously. I would be interested to know what has changed to cause this please?