unable to upgrade clamAV to v0.92 -->

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
Mac8myPC

unable to upgrade clamAV to v0.92 -->

Post by Mac8myPC »

when trying to upgrade the clamAV to the latest version via WHM.. it runs the script fine but then fails to start and stop clamAV.

when i return to the mailscanner page, it still shows the button to upgrade.. and when my clients try and upload via cpanel, they get this error: Virus Detected; File not Uploaded! (Clamd is not configured properly.)

any ideas?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

What OS are you running? If it is Fedora Core 4 you cannot upgrade ClamAV as the last gcc update for that dead OS borks the ClamAV build. So, you'll either have to downgrade ClamAV, manually upgrade gcc, or, move to a supported OS.
Mac8myPC

Post by Mac8myPC »

thanks for the reply sarah.

I host with godaddy and asked when the would be migrating to the newer version of fedora. I know they are currently upgrading their servers system wide.

will I have to have you guys go through the server again once they finish the OS upgrade?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I presume this is a VPS? Whether everything needs to be reinstalled depends on whether the server provider can upgrade the OS without wiping everything out on your VPS and restoring it. You'll need to ask them about that.

If you do need MailScanner reinstalled you can do it yourself by following the instructions here:
http://www.configserver.com/techfaq/index.php?faqid=48

If you want us to reinstall it for you please contact us by email at sales@waytotheweb.com for a quote.

Regards,
Sarah