MailScanner Front End

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
streigh

MailScanner Front End

Post by streigh »

I have read the other posts on the MSFE subject already, but have a couple of questions/comments to share;

My employer would not have a problem with purchasing the front end, but they are paying me for support already. that said, your price is certainly reasonable (although, has there been a recent $10 increase? I keep finding references that say $35). BUT, my employer would have a problem with providing you with root access unless you guys are willing to sign a 5-year NDA for $45. I imagine you might be losing more customers than me for this reason.

Second;
I am fairly new to both linux and VPS. I keep learning. By "learning", I mean I keep doing things that require a complete re-provision. Now, after 2 weeks, I think I am past all of that - but, as far as I can tell, I would have to pay $25 every time I need to re-install and would have to again allow root access to someone outside my company - is this correct?

These 2 caveats are real deal-breakers - just wanted to mention that.
pli

Post by pli »

I can personally guarantee the credibility of Chirpy and his people after my experience with 2 servers they have done for me.

I think your employer is being unreasonable, and would venture to suggest that business is not being lost because they need root access.

You can always change the pw after the work is done

P
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

BUT, my employer would have a problem with providing you with root access unless you guys are willing to sign a 5-year NDA for $45. I imagine you might be losing more customers than me for this reason.
There are a lot of customers, including myself, that have trusted and we know of the honorability of them at first hand. I really don´t think that they will be losing customers by the lack of a NDA, they really don´t need it.

Sorry to say you this, but I really don't know who will be losing more... your employer that will not be using MSFE or Sarah, who is the one in charge of MailScanner FE to work.
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

We're happy to sign an NDA if necessary :)

Our Terms and Conditions do provide for a Confidentiality agreement as well:
http://www.configserver.com/terms.html#confidential

I can certainly understand caution from new clients and is something we're always heppy to work with you on.

The price for the MailScanner package did increase recently. Oddly enough, it was due to very high demand that was affecting our ability to provide the service in a prompt manner that was one of the factors in the increase ;)