Account filtering

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
docbreed

Account filtering

Post by docbreed »

Our User Level Filtering and Account level Filtering options from cpanel does not work. I suspect a relation to Mailscanner. Can anyone help?

Jeremy Wauters
sawbuck

Re: Account filtering

Post by sawbuck »

Can you be more specific?
docbreed

Post by docbreed »

When a client logs into their cpanel. there is two icons called 'Account Level Filtering' and 'User Level Filtering'. The rules are not working when applied there.
sawbuck

Post by sawbuck »

This thread although old seems to suggest they should work. Can't say I've been able to make it happen.

viewtopic.php?t=2290
docbreed

Post by docbreed »

It turns out that the exim config file has my staticroutes before the account level filtering.

I wonder how strict the exim config is if i relocate the staticroutes under account level filtering.
sawbuck

Post by sawbuck »

If you reorder them and restart Exim using the Advanced Editor in WHM it will output whether exim.conf is properly configured.
docbreed

Post by docbreed »

did it and restarted. my staticroutes broke :(
sawbuck

Post by sawbuck »

You might consider putting in a ticket with cPanel. Although they don't directly support MS you might be able to get some additional information.
minadreapta

Post by minadreapta »

sorry to bump this thread but i have the same problem and recently (after upgrading cPanel to the latest 11.34 stable) i noticed in cPanel this message when adding a new filter:
"This feature requires the "spamassassin" option and is not enabled on your account" - it is written in red colour in the "Edit a Filter for All Mail on Your Account" in cPanel.

It seems that Account Level Filtering and User Level Filtering is not working anymore if spamassassin is stopped?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

minadreapta wrote:sorry to bump this thread but i have the same problem and recently (after upgrading cPanel to the latest 11.34 stable) i noticed in cPanel this message when adding a new filter:
"This feature requires the "spamassassin" option and is not enabled on your account" - it is written in red colour in the "Edit a Filter for All Mail on Your Account" in cPanel.

It seems that Account Level Filtering and User Level Filtering is not working anymore if spamassassin is stopped?
I did some testing and it seems that user level filtering does still work, even though it says it requires spamassassin. But I couldn't get account level filtering to work. There is no reason why spamassassin should be required for these features, so I suggest you contact cPanel to find out what the problem is.

Regards,
Sarah