jbourque

Installation Questions

Post by jbourque »

So I followed the instructions to turn off

3. You now need to disable the following options in WHM:

WHM > Tweak Settings > SpamAssassin > uncheck
WHM > Service Manager > spamd > uncheck
Feature Manager > Edit feature list disable > SpamAssassin >

Now that mail scanner is installed do I go back to the same location to turn these services back on? There was nothing in the instructions that states this. I did run the upgrade for ClamAV but did not start the service

Thanks for your response
jbourque

Post by jbourque »

Also can you tell me what is the requirements for the MSQL database, I see this is required for mail watch but did not see any reference to that in the install doc.

Thanks again
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

jbourque wrote:So I followed the instructions to turn off

3. You now need to disable the following options in WHM:

WHM > Tweak Settings > SpamAssassin > uncheck
WHM > Service Manager > spamd > uncheck
Feature Manager > Edit feature list disable > SpamAssassin >

Now that mail scanner is installed do I go back to the same location to turn these services back on? There was nothing in the instructions that states this. I did run the upgrade for ClamAV but did not start the service
No, you don't re-enable the spamassassin options in cPanel. Those should be disabled with MailScanner instaled, as MailScanner runs SpamAssassin itself.

Is clamd running? Did you check the boxes for the clamav service in Service Manager?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

jbourque wrote:Also can you tell me what is the requirements for the MSQL database, I see this is required for mail watch but did not see any reference to that in the install doc.

Thanks again
The MSFE install script should create the mailscanner database, if it could not for some reason you would have seen errors during the install. Are you running MySQL on your server? Are you having problems accessing MailWatch?
jbourque

Post by jbourque »

I am having problems accessing MailWatch it get an error cannot access database. I looked and there is no mailscanner database.

I tried to following the instructions from the mail scanner website however it appears that your configurations is slightly different.
jbourque

Post by jbourque »

Sarah wrote:No, you don't re-enable the spamassassin options in cPanel. Those should be disabled with MailScanner instaled, as MailScanner runs SpamAssassin itself.

Is clamd running? Did you check the boxes for the clamav service in Service Manager?

I checked the service manager and there is no clamAV running however there is a clamd process running.

I did also follow the instructions on your site to running clamAV.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

jbourque wrote:I am having problems accessing MailWatch it get an error cannot access database. I looked and there is no mailscanner database.
Are you actually running MySQL on this server?
I tried to following the instructions from the mail scanner website however it appears that your configurations is slightly different.
If you were using our install script you should follow the instructions on our website, as they are specifically for cPanel servers. You may want to undo everything and start again, carefully following the instructions on our website.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

jbourque wrote:I checked the service manager and there is no clamAV running however there is a clamd process running.

I did also follow the instructions on your site to running clamAV.
The instructions on our website for installing clamav are a little out of date as they relate to using the perl clamavmodule. We now recommend running clamd. If you followed the instructions on our website correctly to install clamav, you can force upgrade clamav through the WHM MSFE and that should set it up to run clamd correctly.
jbourque

Post by jbourque »

Sarah wrote:Are you actually running MySQL on this server?

If you were using our install script you should follow the instructions on our website, as they are specifically for cPanel servers. You may want to undo everything and start again, carefully following the instructions on our website.
Sarah I did run your install scripts just as it stated in the install.txt file and yes I am running MYSQL so not sure why it did not configure everything correctly so what should I do now. I cannot afford to impact my customers on my server.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Regarding the mysql problem, I suspect that there was an error displayed during the install process which you may not have noticed. Try running the MSFE install again and watch for any errors. If there are any special characters (non-alphanumeric) in your mysql root password, or if your mysql root password is not set, this will cause problems, so you could try correcting that and then re-running the msfe install script.