Remove Clam, never to return

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
bear

Remove Clam, never to return

Post by bear »

I'm running MSFE on a VPS that doesn't have enough RAM to run CLAMav, and it keeps crashing as a result. The mail passing through this is only for myself, and I have local AV I'm relying on, so can live without a scanner on the server. Problem is, every time MSFE updates, CLAM is put back. I had it configured to not use it (as well as removing it from WHM), but each time there's an update it reinstalls, puts it back to enabled again and the crashes recur.

How can I get this to stop, permanently?
Linuxlover

Re: Remove Clam, never to return

Post by Linuxlover »

Hello,

As far as i know the mailscanner installer will automatically install clamavconnector when it's missing so everytime a mailscanner update or a msfe update is released you'll run into the same problem.The only possible solution to this is asking the developers of those scripts to provide a setting where this can be configerd i don't know if they are willing todo that.
bear

Re: Remove Clam, never to return

Post by bear »

I asked them. I got a statement of "it's required, so if you don't like that, don't use MSFE. They did say they'd possibly look into honoring existing settings, but with my request the only likely one for this, I don't hold much hope. I'll look back to see how long there is between updates to it, and see if I can intercept and fix on the spot.
Thanks for the reply.