Front end fatal errors

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
happydog

Front end fatal errors

Post by happydog »

We are suddenly getting a fatal error with the front end of Mailscanner. We have not made any server changes.

When a message is viewed get the following error on all types on messages other than "No Scan" messages:

ERROR: malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "Unknown token. Pleas...") at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/configserver/mailscanner.cgi line 331.

I have performed a forced reinstall of Mailscanner and front end but it did not resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Greg
JPBleau

Re: Front end fatal errors

Post by JPBleau »

I got the same error...
malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "Unknown token. Pleas...") at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/configserver/mailscanner.cgi line 331
When trying to open an email message. Some works but most do this. Also when trying to Block Client IP:
malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "Unknown token. Pleas...") at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/configserver/mailscanner.cgi line 359.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

I got the same error in all my servers:

Software error:

malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "Unknown token. Pleas...") at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/configserver/mailscanner.cgi line 331.

For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Sergio
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We're unable to recreate a problem, but it sounds like a cPanel introduced problem with their last v76 update. We have a report that the problem goes away, but we do not yet know how. We'd suggest doing the following:

1. Log out of WHM
2. From root shell run:

Code: Select all

/scripts/restartsrv_cpsrvd --stop
/scripts/restartsrv_cpsrvd --start
3. Log back in to WHM and try again

If that does not resolve the issue, then please log a ticket on the helpdesk with WHM and SSH access details and we will see if we can identify where the problem lies.
happydog

Post by happydog »

Stopping and restarting cpsrvd appears to have fixed this. Thanks!
Poojakhana

Post by Poojakhana »

I got valuable information here. Thanks for such an excellent post! Keep Up!