silver_2000

mail watch blank again

Post by silver_2000 »

I know that the feature is listed as deprecated

I use it a lot to see traffic hitting the server

the link is now going to a blank page

Ive tried the update scripts
curl -sL https://download.configserver.com/csupdate | perl

Any other ideas to get this tool out of the dirt ?

thanks in advance
Sergio

Re: mail watch blank again

Post by Sergio »

I am interested on this as well.

Please let us know how to make MailWatch to work again, please.

Regards,
Sergio
hilario

Mailwatch is not working anymore - WHM v76.0.8

Post by hilario »

I our case Mailwatch is the most important function of Mailscanner.
Unfortunately it stopped working a few days ago: When you try to access a Mailwatch page, all you get is a blank page.

I would be grateful if I could get some hints on how to debug this issue
Venenoso

Post by Venenoso »

Same problem here, Tried reinstalling with no luck..
I use it a lot; please tell us how to fix it.
Thank You,
Best Regards
Firewalls4Life

Post by Firewalls4Life »

Install MailWatch: Note: This is now DEPRECATED and we provide no support or promise that it will continue to work
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

I read the warning

Is the application mail watch deprecated or is just their use of it as a plug-in deprecated?
Firewalls4Life

Post by Firewalls4Life »

I believe only ConfigServer support and integration is deprecated.

MailWatch appears to still be developed and maintained separately at:
https://github.com/mailwatch/MailWatch
Firewalls4Life

Post by Firewalls4Life »

I haven't diagnosed it completely, but I believe it appears that the version of MailWatch installed by the script uses a deprecated function which is causing the fatal PHP error.

I found the error log at:
/usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

Code: Select all

[24-Nov-2018 22:08:13 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/mailwatch/functions.php:701
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/mailwatch/functions.php(748): dbconn()
#1 /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/mailwatch/functions.php(234): safe_value(' ')
#2 /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/mailwatch/status.php(58): html_start('Recent Messages', 30, false, false)
#3 {main}
  thrown in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/mailwatch/functions.php on line 701
[2018-11-24 22:08:13 -0700] warn [whostmgrd] The subprocess (php) exited with an error: The subprocess reported error number 255 when it ended. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 251.
        Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess::_report_subprocess_errors(Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess=HASH(0x2123488)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 109
        Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess::handler(Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess=HASH(0x2123488), "subprocess_name", "php", "subprocess_pid_to_reap", 29657, "subprocess_read_handle", GLOB(0x2101cb8), "subprocess_write_handle", ...) called at cpsrvd.pl line 6882
        cpanel::cpsrvd::cgiHandler(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 0, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at cpsrvd.pl line 6681
        cpanel::cpsrvd::phpHandler(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 0, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at cpsrvd.pl line 6338
        cpanel::cpsrvd::dodoc_whostmgrd() called at cpsrvd.pl line 1829
        cpanel::cpsrvd::dodoc(HASH(0x136e1d8)) called at cpsrvd.pl line 1521
        cpanel::cpsrvd::handle_one_connection(6) called at cpsrvd.pl line 990
        cpanel::cpsrvd::script() called at cpsrvd.pl line 338
Possibly we can look into the dependencies of mailwatch and compare them against the latest changes that cPanel has deployed.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

As noted, using MailWatch is not supported by us and indeed the link to install it through MSFE will be removed in the next version as it has been deprecated by us for a very long time to give people time to move away from it.

It also quite likely poses a security risk running through WHM nowadays, so it should be removed.

We are working on a new "Compact View" for MailControl which will also be released in the next version very soon:
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

This is most important reason why I love your products, you always listen to us the users.

Thank you Sarah and Chirpy!!

Sergio