Latest Cpanel update breaks MailControl functionality

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
Sergio

Latest Cpanel update breaks MailControl functionality

Post by Sergio »

Hi Sarah,
after the latest upgrade from cpanel ver 62.0.8 Mails are not delivered when there is a Virtual Delivery and all of the time LMTP times out. when delivering an email from CMQ..

I have contacted cPanel and they said that is an issue with MailScanner and gave me the following URL:
https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/issues/39

In there it shows the following:
msapiro commented 7 days ago

So the issue appears to be with the MailControl.pm custom function installed in MailScanner (something from Configserver Mail Manager which you mention above?). It looks like it requires something named Storable which is not available. You might try installing it from cpan, e.g. 'cpan -i Storable'.
Users that have done the 'cpan -i Storable'. reports that MailScanner worked after doing that.

Are you going to release a fix about this soon?

Regards,
Sergio
ForumAdmin

Re: Latest Cpanel update breaks MailControl functionality

Post by ForumAdmin »

We are not aware of any issues at all with MailControl or our install of MailScanner on any supported version of cPanel. The github entry reads like a comedy of errors with people not knowing what they are referring to.

As with all of our paid for products, if you have an issue that requires support you should log a ticket on our helpdesk. These forums are for users to discuss our products, not for obtaining support from us.
Sergio

Re: Latest Cpanel update breaks MailControl functionality

Post by Sergio »

Great I will post the info in there, thanks.