FIXED: spamassassin errors

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
Sergio

FIXED: spamassassin errors

Post by Sergio »

Hi Sarah.

There are another errors since last night update:
[2016-06-08 14:11:22 -0500] warn [Email::has_spam_as_acl] Encountered error in Email::has_spam_as_acl: Email::has_spam_as_acl(1) failed: This feature requires the spamassassin option and is not enabled on your account.
[2016-06-08 14:11:22 -0500] warn [Email::spamstatus] Encountered error in Email::spamstatus: Email::spamstatus() failed: This feature requires the spamassassin option and is not enabled on your account.

I have checked /etc/exim.conf to see if there was any mention of those options and not they didn't appear in there.

Also, ran:
find /home*/ -maxdepth 2 -name .spamassassinenable | xargs rm -fv
just in case there should be any account on the server with any debris from spamassassin and no, there was not accounts set to use spamassassin.

Any idea what else I should check?

Best Regards,
Sergio
Sergio

Re: FIXED: spamassassin errors

Post by Sergio »

Finally I found what was that error about, I use Email Filtering and I create rules for that. Since the update to cpanel (upcp) it seems that the Email Filtering requires to use spamassassin, so, I contacted cpanel and they wrote back:

"Hello

I filed a bug report on this issue, case is CPANEL-6970 and it should be corrected in a future version of cPanel. In the meantime, you can ignore the warning, or you can force enable SpamAssassin in Exim's Configuration which will silence the warning.

Please let us know if you have any other questions."

As I use MailScanner is out of the question to "force enable SpamAssassin" in Exim, so, I will live with that error until cpanel fix the bug.

Sergio