User cannot access mailwatch

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
rsutc

User cannot access mailwatch

Post by rsutc »

I have been running the ConfigServer FE to MailScanner for years with very few issues.

But now, when I click on Access Mailwatch, I get the error message
You do not have permission to run this script
If I log on a root, which I prefer not to, I can run it, but when I log on as a whm user that is supposed to have full privileges to run everything I cannot.

So, there must be a configuration file somewhere that has a setting that has been recently changed or a file somewhere with permissions incorrectly set. I tried a force re-install, but it made no difference. What I want is for anyone in the wheel group to be able to run the script. What has been changed and how do I fix this?

Rick
Sarah

Re: User cannot access mailwatch

Post by Sarah »

MailWatch (as part of the MailScanner Front-End) is only accessible via root WHM login. This has always been the case and has not changed recently. If you were able to access it as a user in the past it was due to a hole in cPanel itself that has since been closed.

Regards,
Sarah
rsutc

Re: User cannot access mailwatch

Post by rsutc »

ell, I guess I have to accept that, but I've been using it from another reseller account all the time I've had it without issue until now.

BTW, I find the relevant files in
/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/mailwatch
but the line
if ($_ENV['REMOTE_USER'] != "root") {exit("You do not have permission to run this script");}
is in every php file.
messy. This should be definable IMHO.
Oh, well, thanks for the reply.

Rick