RBL Lists

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
Serversphere

RBL Lists

Post by Serversphere »

First Post! (Of many I'm sure)

I use RBLs, but I can't figure out a good setting for "Spam Lists To Be Spam" and "Spam Lists To Reach High Score". When I set the former to be "1" and the latter to "2" (as suggested) I end up with some definite spam leaking through. The sender is listed in one RBL, the score is set to 0.00 and no more checks seem to be done. The mail slips right on through. I would love for MS to both check the RBLs _and_ scan the email. Setting both to "2" works a charm, however, I'm just not sure if this is the best solution.

Also, I am using these RBLs: SBL+XBL NJABL CBL DSBL spamcop.net SORBS-SPAM SORBS-ZOMBIE SORBS-SMTP. Anyone else use different with great success?

Best!
Darren
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

You're duplicating lists there. SBL+XBL includes CBL so you don't need that. You'll probably find that anything on NJABL will already be on spamcop or the spamhaus lists, so it's a wasted lookup. YMMV with the SORBS lists, when I last did testing they were nearly all duplicated on spamcop.net and the spamhaus lists.
Serversphere

Post by Serversphere »

Thanks for the advice! Regarding the former, been running both as "2" now for a week and seems to be working okay for us...