Spam points

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
inetwork

Spam points

Post by inetwork »

MailScanner analyze each message and each condition give point, if the total point is over the spam value it will be check as spam.

That is great, but we need a document that explain each condition (the names doesnt give us any idea of what they are).

I also interest if the full report is include in the message and not only the total points.
Serra

Post by Serra »

configserver doesn't write the rules, SARE does. You can do a search for each rule in Google and find out what they mean. Normally, once you know what one or two mean, the rest are easy.

Here is a good way to find out what the codes mean. Take any message you have and view the source. Copy that to a text file and upload it to your server and call it spam.txt. Then run this:

spamassassin -D < spam.txt

SA will report back all of the info and what it means.
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

If you have our MailWatch Front-End installed you can get a list of all the SA rules installed on the server and their descriptions under the Tools menu within MailWatch.
inetwork

SA Descripcion

Post by inetwork »

I have MailScanner FE, these are the message I found.

Not all description are clear, for example: URI_NOVOWEL URI
How can we include this detail in the message, so my clients can check wat happend.
Serra

Post by Serra »

URI_NOVOWEL URI is the rule name, not the description. In Mailwatch, I found the following under rule descriptions:

URI_NOVOWEL URI hostname has long non-vowel sequence