New MailScanner Script v2.78

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
pli

New MailScanner Script v2.78

Post by pli »

I upgraded to above and immediately noted that many legit emails are being caught as spam
The common factor is BAYES_99 with a score of 5

suggestions please - urgent

thanks
peter
Sarah

Re: New MailScanner Script v2.78

Post by Sarah »

Sounds like your bayes database is screwed up if they are being rated as bayes_99. You'll need to remove the database and start over. Instructions are in the FAQ, search for bayes.

Regards,
Sarah
pli

Post by pli »

Thank you Sarah

Brilliant response as always

Peter
nootkan

Post by nootkan »

I thought using the auto upgrade feature wasn't supposed to change your settings? After the last episode I went through I'm a little hesitant to upgrade. Is this something that was just restricted to Pli or will this happen to all who upgrade?
pli

Post by pli »

nootkan wrote:I thought using the auto upgrade feature wasn't supposed to change your settings? After the last episode I went through I'm a little hesitant to upgrade. Is this something that was just restricted to Pli or will this happen to all who upgrade?
First time it has ever happened to me in over 4 yrs of using mailscanner - it was probably due for a clean out anyway

P
nootkan

Post by nootkan »

When you removed the database did you loose all your learned spam settings as well that mailscanner has created over those four years?
pli

Post by pli »

It was painless - I just watched what was coming in for a while until about 200 emails come through and identified the ones that were no identified as spam - as spam, and let it go
After that, I just let it go, and it is fine

P
nootkan

Post by nootkan »

;) Thanks for your replies. I think I will wait until I have some time on my hands before upgrading in case I have to troubleshoot or fix the issue that happened to you. :D