MS goofiness

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
Hoza

MS goofiness

Post by Hoza »

Heya,

I had a funky thing happening where my MailScanner was tagging ALL email coming in/out as {Spam}... ultimately, I turned it off, but I need to get back in and get filtering turned on again. I can't stand the spam. It was working great for a while, but I'm not sure if the problems happened after some upgrade I did or what... I didn't hear about the problem (or notice it myself) until it had apparently been happening for a while.

I've been looking around for help on this with no real luck. I hoped maybe that simple symptom might throw a pebble into the pond and someone will return a ripple of info about how to fix it!

Thanks for any help... and the opportunity to post my question!! I love ConfigServer and I'm stoked about the new forums! :)
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

You really needed to have had a look at the email headers which would have included the spam scoring and the reasons for the score to help you understand why the emails were receiving a score high enough to be calssed as spam.
Serra

Post by Serra »

Just in case someone doesn't know, the headers look like this:

Code: Select all

X-MagicAngelHosting-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam (whitelisted),
	SpamAssassin (not cached, score=-0.23, required 5,
	autolearn=not spam, 
BAYES_20 -0.74, 
FORGED_RCVD_HELO 0.14,
HTML_30_40 0.37, 
HTML_MESSAGE 0.00)
It is possible to look each of those up on google and get a good idea what they really mean, but you can go by the text on most of them and figure out what is what. The headers really do give a lot of info about what is going on in the message.