Disabled! - you have either installed clamavconnector by mistake or incorrectly insta

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
znwd

Disabled! - you have either installed clamavconnector by mistake or incorrectly insta

Post by znwd »

I am getting the following error in WHM MSFE:

Disabled! - you have either installed clamavconnector by mistake or incorrectly installed ClamAV

I have manually re-installed clamAV 2 times now per the FAQ instructions and I continue to get this message. I have verified the clamav connector module/plugin is not installed. I started having this problem today and as usual with clamav it is being a big pain.

I'm not sure what's going on, clamd is running fine according to service status and using the service command. For some reason MailScanner thinks clamav is not installed properly... Spam seems to be getting tagged but it's all coming through now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
znwd

Post by znwd »

Forgot to mention here are all my versions:

cPanel 11.24.4-R35075 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
CENTOS 4.7 i686 standard on host

MailScanner - v4.74.16 installed
ConfigServer MailScanner Script - v2.73 installed and up to date

ClamAV - v0.95.1 installed and up to date

MailScanner Front-End - v4.27 installed and up to date
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Have you checked your exim configuration to make sure there is no mention of clamav or clamd? If you haven't made any changes to the ACL section that you want to keep, you could try resetting the ACL config to the defaults using the button in the WHM Exim Configuration Editor (JUST the ACL options, not ALL configuration).

Regards,
Sarah
znwd

Post by znwd »

Sarah wrote:Have you checked your exim configuration to make sure there is no mention of clamav or clamd? If you haven't made any changes to the ACL section that you want to keep, you could try resetting the ACL config to the defaults using the button in the WHM Exim Configuration Editor (JUST the ACL options, not ALL configuration).

Regards,
Sarah
I checked using the "Exim Configuration Editor" under WHM and sure enough this line was present:

av_scanner = clamd:127.0.0.1 3310

Tried commenting it out and saving but got a 403 error. Restarted Exim, same problem. So I tried editing it manually in the following file:

/etc/exim.conf

Restarted Exim, same problem. Mailscanner was still throwing the same error and not working, when I checked exim.conf again I had found it had been reverted.

I had to comment that line out also in:

/etc/exim.conf.local

I think WHM rebuilds the config file each time from this file each time you open the advanced editor. Sure enough this time when I restarted Exim it started working. Though this time it was done via a forced MS update so not sure if thats what fixed it but pretty sure. Either way problem solved, thanks for the help.
minadreapta

Re: Disabled! - you have either installed clamavconnector by

Post by minadreapta »

i tried your solution but it doesn't work, in WHM it shows now "MailScanner Status: Disabled!" although the service is running:

[root@nano ~]# service MailScanner status
Checking MailScanner daemons:
MailScanner (pid 17315 17287 17263 17262 17260) is running...

and sometimes it throws this error:"commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at /usr/mailscanner/lib/MailScanner/MailWatch.pm line 94."
Sarah

Re: Disabled! - you have either installed clamavconnector by

Post by Sarah »

znwd, in normal circumstances you should never directly edit the exim.conf files, only do any editing through the WHM exim configuration editor. It should be safe to simply remove that av_scanner line from wherever it is (presumably in the acl section) and update the exim configuration, and that should have worked. Not sure why you had the problem when you tried to comment it out instead of removing it.

minadreapta, I have replied to your other post. The other message you mention:

Code: Select all

commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at /usr/mailscanner/lib/MailScanner/MailWatch.pm line 94
is normal and is frequently seen. It doesn't indicate any problems.

Regards,
Sarah