Can't disable storing of non-spam messages

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
bobbytables

Can't disable storing of non-spam messages

Post by bobbytables »

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems with storing of non-spam messages in /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/[date]/nonspam. Even though I have disabled storing of non-spam messages, new messages are constantly appearing in "nonspam" directory and using a lot of disk space.

Here's the content of /usr/mscpanel/msconfig.txt

Code: Select all

spam_wl_ini=From:
cpanelusers=/var/cpanel/users
spamhigh_action_rules_ini=To:
spamhigh_action_forward=forward
virus_scanning_rules_ini=To:
spamhigh_action_deliver=deliver
def_virus=yes
themefile=index.html
max_wl=30
def_lspam=deliver
mc_debug=0
highscore=20
cleanmysql=14
mc_searches=8
spam_action_rules_ini=To:
max_bl=30
spam_bl_ini=From:
def_hspam=delete
mc_lookup=ajax
spam_action_deliver=deliver
spam_scanning_rules_ini=To:
spam_action_forward=forward
bwplus=no
mc_forwsub=
mc_forwmail=
def_spam=yes
allow_score=yes
process_interval=10
virus_delivery_rules_ini=FromOrTo:
mc_refresh=0
mc_clientip=0
lowscore=5
store=no
mc_dbup=0
all=yes
queuedays=7
def_dvirus=no
As you can see, I have defined store=no. Also, none of the configuration files in /usr/mailscanner/etc/rules/ contain "store" action (only deliver or delete).

I'm running the following versions of MailScanner software:

MailScanner - v5.0.2 installed
ConfigServer MailScanner Script - v3.15 installed and up to date
MailScanner Front-End - v8.09 installed and up to date

Is there another place where I need to disable this option? It looks to me like MSFE also thinks this setting is disabled, because when I'm accessing MailControl I'm presented with "Enable Store Messages" button and banner.
Sarah

Re: Can't disable storing of non-spam messages

Post by Sarah »

This should have been disabled via the WHM MailScanner Front-End option, not manually by changing settings in msconfig.txt. Try enabling Storing of messages via the MSFE, then disabling it properly via the MSFE.

Regards,
Sarah
bobbytables

Re: Can't disable storing of non-spam messages

Post by bobbytables »

Sarah wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 16:23 This should have been disabled via the WHM MailScanner Front-End option, not manually by changing settings in msconfig.txt. Try enabling Storing of messages via the MSFE, then disabling it properly via the MSFE.

Regards,
Sarah
Thank you Sarah, this fixed the problem. I didn't see this option the first time I searched through MSFE settings in WHM.

I compared /usr/mscpanel/msconfig.txt before and after disabling this option via WHM and the file looks the same.
Can you provide us with more details where is this setting actually disabled (in another config file perhaps)?

I'm asking as we've automated MailScanner and MSFE installation and we're automatically deploying slightly different configuration. Obviously, we'd like to automate disabling of store messages feature as we don't need it.