Couple of suggestions

nickp666

Couple of suggestions

Post by nickp666 »

Hi All,

I want to take the time to thank you for all your useful products, I have some suggestions for cse.

Would it be possible to implement a multiple file selection option (just a simple html checkbox would suffice) as this would make the process of cleaning the chaff out of /tmp considerably easier! I understand this opens up issues with mis-selecting files but would certainly be useful!

Also, sorting of file listings, such as by date/size etc rather than the default by name only - this would be useful again in order to clean the rubbish out of /tmp (e.g. old php sessions/imp attachment temporary files etc)

Thanks for your time & all your hard work!
Infopro

Post by Infopro »

I like the idea of checkboxes for moving multiple files, if it can be done great. Not sure I'd bother with it for tmp though, these work fine. (a few examples to give you an idea)

Clear tmp

rm -rf /tmp/sess*
rm -rf /tmp/dos*
rm -rf /tmp/imp*
rm -rf /tmp/11*
rm -rf /tmp/12*
rm -rf /tmp/13*
rm -rf /tmp/rcs*
nickp666

Post by nickp666 »

thanks for the suggestions however (and not meaning to rude)....they dont all work fine :)

Our servers end up with a lot of php sessions (as we develop php based applications), nuking the lot of them causes our apache error_log to fill up with loads of lines referencing the session files with the added bonus of booting all of our users out of their online systems, so it isn't wise for me to run commands in that fashion, I instead have to selectively delete based on time periods rather than just deleting them all, rather than having to construct a find -name with an exec statement each time, If cse had selection tools and date ordering - I could do it a much simpler way ;)