Installation failure on FreeBSD 6.2

MZmuda

Installation failure on FreeBSD 6.2

Post by MZmuda »

Hi, Chirpy,

I just wanted to let you know I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but ConfigServer Mail Manage did not install.

I managed to cram it in (sorta' like an install, only a bit more manual) by copying and chmodding the .cgi file manually, manually creating the cmm directory in the /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/ directory, and copying the files manually.

The major item I noticed is that cp doesn't like the "-a" modifier, and that I couldn't copy the directory in one fell swoop as you do in the .sh file. Instead, I had to manually create the /cmm directory, then copy the files via the cp * ... command.

I'm a rank beginner at Unix, so if I did something that looks wrong to you, please let me know. Nevertheless, as of right now, CMM seems to be installed on my system, and working "normally."

Great piece of software, by the way!!!

Ciao -

- Mike Z.
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

The scripts are only intended for Linux servers, which is why it wouldn't necessarily work on a BSD derivative OS. I'm glad it appears to work for you after some hacking.
morfargekko

Post by morfargekko »

As far as I know it's possible to install Webmin on a FreeBSD box.
Is it allso possible to install CSF that way?
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

No, csf is an iptables configuration script and *BSD doesn't use iptables in its kernel, it uses a different firewall application.
Kaabi

Post by Kaabi »

Hello,

i modify on CMM installer to get works on our FreeBSD Machine u can download the modified works version for FreeBSD from http://support.hyperois.com/index.php?_ ... aditemid=2