Mail Manage not showing email accounts

Snowman

Mail Manage not showing email accounts

Post by Snowman »

got a weird issue occuring where no email accounts are listing under the domains of clients in Mail Manage

the forwarders show up but nothing for the email accounts, however they are showing up in cPanel and webmail without issue

Ive tried a forced upcp, a forced eximup and reinstalled mailmanage and done a permissions check and still no joy

any ideas whats going on?
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

cmm gets the account list from $homedir/etc/$domain/passwd where $homedir is the directory in /etc/passwd for the owning account found in /etc/userdomains, and $domain is the domain entered. Is there a problem with /etc/userdomains perhaps, or the login dir in /etc/passwd?
ArondeParon

Post by ArondeParon »

I have the same problem. /etc/passwd, /etc/userdomains are okay.

Most (if not all) accounts that are missing in this overview are Cpanel system accounts. For some users, they show however.

When I check the specific user directories in /home/$user/etc, it is empty, which seems to explain why it is not there. The strange thing is that these users *do* however, receive mail in their Cpanel system accounts.

Is there any way to fix this?
ArondeParon

Post by ArondeParon »

This problem still persists. Is there any information regarding this problem yet?
partsace

Re: Mail Manage not showing email accounts

Post by partsace »

Has there been a solution to this problem?

Scott
pli

Post by pli »

suffering the same problem copying accounts from Direct Admin
If an email account in Direct Admin has no quota set, then the account will not be seen in mail manage. If you go to the clients account in Cpanel and set a quota on their account, the accounts will appear in mail manage - must be a bug in cpanel somewhere

Peter
ladydi711

Post by ladydi711 »

I am having the same problem. Oddly, with the only account that I created on this server. All other accounts were transfers from another WHM, and they all show fine in Mail Manage. Any ideas on where to check? The /etc/userdomains and passwd file seem to look ok.
ladydi711

Re:

Post by ladydi711 »

chirpy wrote:cmm gets the account list from $homedir/etc/$domain/passwd where $homedir is the directory in /etc/passwd for the owning account found in /etc/userdomains, and $domain is the domain entered. Is there a problem with /etc/userdomains perhaps, or the login dir in /etc/passwd?
Brilliant! I had a space after the account name in /etc/userdomains. Now I see the accounts in cmm. THANKS CHIRPY!
ladydi711

Post by ladydi711 »

I have another account with the same problem of not showing any email addresses in Mail Manage.

the $homedir/etc/ directory for this account is empty other than an ftpquota file.

Any idea how that might happen or how to fix?
ladydi711

Post by ladydi711 »

The account I was having a problem with only had the cPanel user/email account. I seemed to have gotten around this by creating an email account, then deleting it. The $homedir/etc/$domain directory and files now exist, and the cPanel email account is showing.

Not sure how this got this way, but hopefully it is fixed.