WHM Stop showing CSF for resellers

edupin

WHM Stop showing CSF for resellers

Post by edupin »

Hi,

I think tonight has updated CSF for cPanel. The problem is now, Resellers can´t see the CSF fields to unblock or block Ip´s

There is any error on the update? I can see it all good on WHM root, but WHM resellers don´t Show CSF.

Thank you.
ForumAdmin

Re: WHM Stop showing CSF for resellers

Post by ForumAdmin »

In cPanel v11.38.1+ you have to grant the reseller permission to use csf in "WHM > Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges > Third Party Services > ConfigServer Security & Firewall (Reseller UI)"
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Running CSF "CHECK SERVER SECURITY", there was 4 warnings about APPS that should be dissable, I made all 4 warnings and now wnen I try to do:
"WHM > Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges > Third Party Services > ConfigServer Security & Firewall (Reseller UI)"

"ConfigServer Security & Firewall (Reseller UI)", is not displayed.

Is there any of the 4 warnings that the Security Check has to be left enabled?

Sergio
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

Those security options should not have anything to do with whether the reseller option shows up.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

ForumAdmin wrote:Those security options should not have anything to do with whether the reseller option shows up.
I don't think this has to be with csf v6.21, in your previous post you wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:In cPanel v11.38.1+ you have to grant the reseller permission to use csf in "WHM > Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges > Third Party Services > ConfigServer Security & Firewall (Reseller UI)"
So, My server has WHM 11.38.1 (build 6) and when I enter into WHM then EDIT RESELLERS NAMESERVERS AND PRIVILEGES, I select the reseller that I want to edit and in THIRD PARTY SERVICES it doesn't shows any "ConfigServer Security & Firewall" at all, that is why I thought that maybe when I disabled the APPS options had something to do with this.

Sergio

Fixed.
bspiller

Post by bspiller »

Same Issue on my server. I sent in a ticket awaiting a response before giving server access keys
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Here is not the place to post ticket issues, it will be better to contact configserver on the help desk.

In the mean time, I fixed the issue when I updated all my CSF scripts, after that I entered into every reseller account and I searched on the page for the word "ConfigServer" where I set the box to enable the option under "Third Party Services" and everything was set and working, give it a try.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

bspiller wrote:Same Issue on my server. I sent in a ticket awaiting a response before giving server access keys
We do not respond to tickets for csf and our other free products, unless you have had a cPanel Service PAckage performed within the previous 7 days. Support for them is only via these community forums, unless we specifically ask an individual to log a ticket.

If you are having issues seeing "WHM > Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges > Third Party Services > ConfigServer Security & Firewall (Reseller UI)" I can only suggest that you uninstall csf completely, then ensure that you are running the very latest version of cPanel (11.38.1.13 as of writing), then install csf and check for the setting.
bspiller

Post by bspiller »

It's the problem with resellers not being able to access the menu. It says above to log a tick which is what was done.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

You were not asked by configserver.com in this thread to log a ticket.