Net::SSLeay Problem When Upgrading

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
Serversphere

Net::SSLeay Problem When Upgrading

Post by Serversphere »

Hi,

The last couple of times I have updated MS on one older RH/CentOS box I have gotten this error, but things seemed to chug along and I left it alone. I would like to bump it off the server now. Here's the error:

Code: Select all

#   Failed test 'use Net::SSLeay;'
#   at t/local/03_use.t line 8.
#     Tried to use 'Net::SSLeay'.
#     Error:  Can't load '/home/.cpan/sources/authors/id/F/FL/FLORA/Net-SSLeay-1.35/blib/arch/auto/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so' for module Net::SSLeay: /home/.cpan/sources/authors/id/F/FL/FLORA/Net-SSLeay-1.35/blib/arch/auto/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so: undefined symbol: EVP_MD_size at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
#  at (eval 2) line 2
# Compilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 2.
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 2) line 2.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 1.
I've tried to download and install manually, same error. Anything I can do to get around this error?
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

Where are you seeing that error? If it's when the perl modules are updated then that's a cPanel issue, nothing to do with MailScanner. You need to run

/scripts/checkperlmodules

If there are any errors or problems with that you'd need to contact cPanel about them.
Serversphere

Post by Serversphere »

The error was part of the upgrade process in MailScanner. Clicked upgrade through WHM. But, yes, it is a perl module that is not upgrading but I wasn't sure if it needed to be brought up to the latest version. MS seems to work fine with the old version. And cPanel script check passes just fine. So I won't worry about it. My only CentOS 3 box left in the army. :P