MailWatch error Premature end of script headers

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
fransonline

MailWatch error Premature end of script headers

Post by fransonline »

Hi,

After a nightly cPanel update, version WHM 11.23.2 cPanel 11.23.6-C26716, MailWatch does not work anymore.
Error:
Internal Server Error
Premature end of script headers
This is the error log
Wed Aug 20 09:36:34 2008 warn [cpsrvd-ssl.pl]: "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php" is not executable! at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/cPPHP.pm line 29
Cpanel::cPPHP::get_cpphp_path(0, HASH(0x87d69bc)) called at cpsrvd-ssl.pl line 5335
main::cgiHandler('app', 'php', 'docroot', '/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot', 'setmysqlroot', 1) called at cpsrvd-ssl.pl line 5300
main::phpHandler('docroot', '/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot', 'setmysqlroot', 1) called at cpsrvd-ssl.pl line 4722
main::dodoc_whostmgrd() called at cpsrvd-ssl.pl line 874
main::dodoc(HASH(0x8850510)) called at cpsrvd-ssl.pl line 777
open3: exec of /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/3rdparty/mailwatch/index.php failed at cpsrvd-ssl.pl line 5365
Internal Error: "GET /3rdparty/mailwatch/index.php HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: php: Please check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log for the exact error.
I followed some hints in this forum:
/scripts upcp (--force)
/scripts/perlinstaller.

With no luck:(

Look forward to a hint on how to solve this problem.

Thanks!

Frans
nabuhonodozor

Post by nabuhonodozor »

Same here - I cannot use MW and webmail dont work too.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

If it's affecting webmail as well as mailwatch, then it sounds like a cPanel update problem rather than anything related to MailScanner and/or MailWatch. I'd suggest posting on the cPanel forum or contacting cPanel.
fransonline

Post by fransonline »

Sarah wrote:If it's affecting webmail as well as mailwatch, then it sounds like a cPanel update problem rather than anything related to MailScanner and/or MailWatch. I'd suggest posting on the cPanel forum or contacting cPanel.
It's indeed a cPanel problem, I posted it to the cPanel helpdesk and they made a temp. solution for my server.
In the coming nightly build en update the problem should be solved.
viraj

Post by viraj »

Hey all !

Yes, I too faced the same errors, it was fixed by a forceful UPCP. I manually installed PERL [after going through this post] by downloading it from layer1.cpanel.net.
You'd need to check about any error logs the control panel software may generate. I've written down a somewhat good article here about complete error logging in Linux/cPanel servers.
http://www.host.co.in/forums/f37/know-c ... etail-804/

--Viraj
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

That's a great resource, Viraj. Thank you for posting the link to your article.

Regards,
Sarah
viraj

Post by viraj »

Sarah wrote:That's a great resource, Viraj. Thank you for posting the link to your article.

Regards,
Sarah
Thank you very much for appreciating my efforts :) It'd make me push further on to write such articles & help others :) I'll continue posting the articles here as well :)