I can't detect the ip of each incoming connection, it shows me the my WAN ip for everyone!

Paulike

I can't detect the ip of each incoming connection, it shows me the my WAN ip for everyone!

Post by Paulike »

it turns out that on the PC of the "physical firewall" I have CSF installed to control all incoming traffic, and from there I route the ports to different applications located on other machines to the rest of the lan.

It turns out that the IPs of all the clients that connect to these applications on different ports and machines of the lan, all appear with our IP WAN and different connection ports.

Does anyone know that I am forgetting to configure to be able to get this vital information for user control ?, suppose that if they ban one user by ip, they ban everyone, including ourselves (the latter I suppose).

And honestly, it would not be an optimal solution at this stage of the project to try to ban by other methods than IP. Since each application is managed in a totally different way and it would take us months to develop some system of prohibition by mac and other methods, etc.

I hope ideas!
Thank you