Total network drop

zsb

Total network drop

Post by zsb »

Hey All,

I encountered a super weird issue today, and was not able to figure out the cause, or reproduce.

Out of the blue, my server started rejecting connections from anyone, anywhere. Meaning, all hosted sites were down, the server was not pingable, WHM was unreachable, etc..

My gut instinct was "check the firewall" and sure enough, after logging in via console and executing a "csf -x" the whole thing cleared up.

I did not update anything manually, or make any changes to the server (other than any automated updates that may have occurred).

Any ideas?

Please let me know what additional information I need to provide, if any.

At the moment, CSF+LFD have been disabled.

Thank you!
Linuc

Re: Total network drop

Post by Linuc »

Hmmmm.

Strange, we also experienced the exact same issue today and CSF is disabled at this time.
tommyk

Post by tommyk »

Same here, this is very urgent.

EDIT: Not so urgent. Was just blocked myself. Gah. Issue gone.
zsb

Post by zsb »

Linuc wrote: 14 Feb 2017, 12:53 Hmmmm.

Strange, we also experienced the exact same issue today and CSF is disabled at this time.
Were you able to figure out what happened? Also, around what time UTC did you notice the issue?

Maybe an update or something was pushed out.
Linuc

Post by Linuc »

We have about 30 servers, our techs are convinced it has something to do with the GeoIP, as we have other services which also relies on GeoIP that are broken and there are some rules in CSF which also requires this to function 100%

Note, we are not saying there is an issue with CSF, rather the GeoIP it uses.