WHM update seems to have broken clamd

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
silver_2000

WHM update seems to have broken clamd

Post by silver_2000 »

Ive tried forcing the clamav reinstall - rebooting the server

reinstalling mailscanner

host support also looked at it
"I've attempted to investigate this further to the best of my ability, but there appears to be an issue with how ConfigServer's mailscanner is handling the clamAV installation. I've tried re-installing ClamAV using the ConfigServer reinstallation option, but this does not work as intended. I've also reverted any change to the configuration that was implemented by our staff previously. I would suggest contacting ConfigServer for assistance with this, as this software is outside of our support scope."

The service “clamd” appears to be down.
Server chaos
Primary IP Address
Service Name clamd
Service Status failed

Notification The service “clamd” appears to be down.
Service Check Method The system’s command to check or to restart this service failed.
Number of Restart Attempts 53
Startup Log No startup log
Speedie

Re: WHM update seems to have broken clamd

Post by Speedie »

Same problem here, however clamd is running, and the socket exists at /tmp/clamd. Not sure what changed in WHM 11.50.0 (build 19) to make service monitoring think that clamd is down.

Notification The service “clamd” appears to be down.
Service Check Method The system’s command to check or to restart this service failed.
Number of Restart Attempts 71
Startup Log Starting clamd: [ OK ]
silver_2000

Re: WHM update seems to have broken clamd

Post by silver_2000 »

Sarah replied as follows "It seems to be an issue with the way chkservd works in the new cPanel. Go into Service Manager and check the *first* box (Enabled) for the ClamAV Daemon service near the top. Do NOT check the second box (Monitor) for that clamav service. *Both* boxes should be checked for the clamav service under Additional Service near the bottom.
"

BUT I ended up solving it by following these stops before I heard from her

http://www.configserver.com/techfaq/faq ... =46&page=4